Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Favorite Movie DIalogues.

"This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" - The Joker in The Dark Knight.

"Keep your friends close, your enemies closer" - Don Vito Andolini Corleone in The Godfather.

"We'll make him an offer he'll not refuse" - Don Vito Andolini Corleone in The Godfather

"Why so serious???" - The Joker in The Dark Knight

" I tell you these walls are funny. First you hate them. Then you get used to them.Enough time passes... You get so dependent on them. That's institutionalized" - Ellis Boyd Redding a.k.a Red in The Shawshank Redemption.

"In a prison, a man would do anything to keep his mind occupied" - Ellis Boyd Redding a.k.a Red in The Shawshank Redemption

"Do you wanna know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... ...little emotions. You see, in their last moments... ...people show you who they really are. So in a way, I knew your friends better than you ever did." - The Joker in The Dark Knight

"If you are good at something, never do it for free" - The Joker in The Dark Knight

"This city deserves a better class of criminals" - The Joker in The Dark Knight

"I believe... Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you stranger..." - The Joker in The Dark Knight

"I don't wanna be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me" - Frank Costello in Departed

"When I was your age, they used to say we could become cops or criminals. Today, what I'm sayin to you is this - when you're facing a loaded gun........ What's the difference???" - Frank Costello in Departed

That's all that I can remember now. Will keep updating as and when I remember.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight

"I believe you, but that doesn't save you" - Bryan Mills in Taken

"Don't ever let someone tell you, you can't do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period. All right? " - Chris Gardner in Pursuit of Happyness

"It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do.. That defines you" - Rachel Dawes in Batman Beginds.

"Introduce a little anarchy.. Upset the established order.. and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos??? It's fair" - The Joker in The Dark Knight.

"You see, madness, as you know, is... like gravity. All it takes is a little push." - The Joker in The Dark Knight.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you... The dawn is coming." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight.

P.S - GP's tribute to The Joker ( http://gpgraffiti.blogspot.com/2009/04/do-you-know-how-i-got-these-scars.html ) inspired me to come up with this. Hats off to you GP for such a wonderful tribute to the most memorable movie character.

5 comments:

Sundar said...

"This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object"
It's been weeks since I saw the movie (for the nth time), and I still remember this dialogue from time to time and cherish it... Sema thought, and sema fitting to the movie especially!

Vineeth said...

Yes Sundar. For dialogues from other movies, I had to refer to wikiquotes, but The Quotes from The Dark Knight - I know by heart. I ve seen it more than 10 times now I guess. There is not even a single Batman dialogue worth remembering. Its Joker all the way. Finally, its The Joker who wins by turning Harvey Dent into a Villain.

Saagar said...

er...in that departed movie thin..when Jack Nicholoson talks..er...aren't we missing the exact words...some important by-words like 'what's the ---- difference?':-)..was cool...

umesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
umesh said...

//"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight

Loved it!